Before you banish the thought of trying hemp protein because of the misconceptions associated with hemp, let's get the elephant out of the room.
So What is Hemp Protein?
Hemp protein is a complete plant-based protein so it delivers all the amino acids your body needs and is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. It has one of the highest digestibility scores and no known allergens so it’s easy on the stomach and puts those nutrients right to work. Hemp protein contains omegas which help promote healthy inflammation and assist with muscle repair and recovery.* In fact, its omega content is closest to the ideal ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 that your body needs. Plus, its Omega-6 benefits come from Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) to help regulate metabolism and promote bone health.* Hemp protein is also rich in Magnesium, known as nature’s muscle relaxant, and has plenty of zinc, fiber, iron, folic acid and phosphorus, too.
Okay, So What Are Hemp Hearts?
So what are hemp hearts, exactly? After shelling or de-hulling the whole hemp seed, you’re left with the “hemp heart”—full of raw nutrition, nutty flavor and a great crunch. You’ll love this little super seed! You can eat them straight out of the bag or mix it up and add it to salads, cereal, yogurt, smoothies and more! They taste great because they’re made with the goodness of hemp, organic sweeteners and a touch of sea salt.
Hemp Protein is Perfect for:
- Athletes in need of a pre or post workout shake.
- Those who experience digestive upset. It’s also a fantastic option for those who experience bloat or an unsettled stomach from using other protein powders, since hemp protein is easier to digest.
- Active, busy lifestyles. It’s great for those on the go and mixes well with water or blended in a shaker for a mild tasting treat on the road.
- Vegetarian and vegan diets. This complete plant protein has no known allergens, so everyone, including vegans and vegetarians are sure to love its rich nutritional benefits.
8 Awesome Reasons You'll Love Hemp Protein
- It has a mild, nutty flavor. Similar to a sunflower seed or pine nut, Hemp Protein has a mild nutty flavor. It mixes well with water in a shaker cup or blender.
- It's easy on the stomach. It has an incredibly high digestibility score and no known allergens so it's easy to digest. Perfect for people who experience digestive upset or bloat with other protein powders.
- It's a complete protein. This plant-based protein is considered a complete protein because it contains all the amino acids your body needs.
- It's rich in Magnesium, mother nature's muscle relaxant. Magnesium is known as mother nature's muscle relaxant because it's crucial to helping the muscle's contract. It also has plenty of zinc, iron, folic acid and phosphorous.
- Hemp Protein is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets. Made of hemp seeds, hemp protein is plant-based, making it suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets (be careful as some hemp protein products like hemp oil soft gels are not, however.
- Hemp Protein is packed with protein. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues, make enzymes and build bones, muscle cartilage and skin.*
- Hemp Protein contains healthy omegas in the ideal 3-6 ratio. Omega-3 helps maintain healthy function of the brain, retina and cardiovascular system.* Omega 6 from GLA helps regulate metabolism and promote bone health.*
- Hemp Protein does not contain a large amount of THC. Hemp Protein like Manitoba Harvest, contains 0.001% Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and will NOT cause a psychoactive or cause a false positive drug test.