I scream, you scream, we all scream for healthy ice cream! Right? Right?
Probably not. Who takes the time to think about that stuff? By the time I give it a second thought, I'm normally elbow deep in the container.
Not today, my friends. Today, I found a way to have my cake and eat it, too... with a scoop of ice cream. The secret? Frozen bananas! They are the perfect creamy stand-in for the vanilla base. Get excited! But pace yourself. I have yet to find a way to avoid the ice cream headache.
Healthy Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 6 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
1. Peel your bananas and slice them into small pieces. Place them in a plastic bag and freeze them. Add the frozen bananas to a food processor and pulse until smooth (about 2 minutes).
2. Add in all of the extracts, the baking soda and agave nectar.
3. Pulse a few times until the ingredients are well combined. Then add your sprinkles and pulse twice more to mix them in.
4. Serve immediately. Enjoy!