Most endurance athletes are deficient in critical nutrients because of daily stress and their vigorous training program. If you train hard, you may want to consider adding supplements to your daily routine for additional support. Certain combinations of nutrients can even help maintain or increase your endurance levels.
Here's an example of how endurance levels can affect your game, even if you don't consider yourself an endurance athlete.
What's Your Golf Mileage? It Depends on Your Endurance.A powerful swing doesn't mean much if you don’t have the endurance to push through to the end of the game. Endurance affects everything from powering through each play to going the distance of the course.
THE DISTANCE: A regulation 18-hole golf course should be between 6,200 and 7,000 yards. That’s anywhere from 3.5 to 4 miles! Sure, you may have the help of a cart, but walking boasts a number of health benefits. Keep your energy up by improving your endurance.
|CALORIES BURNED WALKING 18 HOLES||CALORIES BURNED RIDING 18 HOLES|
Six Nutrients That Support Endurance
Increasing your endurance level requires the right combination of exercise and supportive nutrients. Consider adding these popular athletic supplements to your routine.
Glutamine is an amino acid that hydrates muscle cells to support recovery and helps repair muscle damage.*
Beta-Alanine improves endurance, reduces lactic acid and increases exercise capacity*
Credit: Diego Cervo/Shutterstock.com
L-Arginine helps improves blood flow by increasing nitric oxide production that opens blood vessels.*
Credit: Jim Parkin/Shutterstock.com
L-Carnitine uses fats as energy and helps improves cardiovascular endurance and stamina.*
Taurine is used for muscular energy and mental focus and to replenish taurine loss from beta alanine supplementation.*
Credit: Nicholas Sutcliffe/Shutterstock.com
Digestive enzymes help to break down and utilize carbohydrates, protein, and fats effectively which support health and performance.*
WE RECOMMEND: THE KALEIDOSCOPE COLLECTION ENDURANCE PAK
Xrated® Athletic Essentials Endurance Pak combines specific critical nutrients and is designed to aid in recovery and support the health and fitness levels of men and women who engage in regular endurance exercise.* See what's inside:
- Beta-Alanine: Beta-Alanine improves endurance, reduces lactic acid and increases excercise capacity*
- Athletic Multivitamin: Athletic Multi-Vitamin is a complete multi-vitamin and mineral blend designed specifically for athletic endurance and recovery.
- Digestive Enzymes: Digestive Enzymes to break down and utilize nutrients effectively.*
- L-Glutamine: L-Glutamine to aid in recovery and repair damage from exercise.*
- Ultimate Potency Omega-3 Fish Oil: A high potency of 1,000 mg of EPA and DHA extracted from cold water fish. Omega-3s helps reduce inflammation which help support muscle recovery.*