I have thyroid issues and it is all being monitored by a doctor, but I have been doing some research and have added Coconut oil to my regimen.
I love Coconut oil because it supports proper thyroid function, mainly by slightly stimulating thyroid hormone production and metabolism.* In this way, incorporating Coconut oil into the diet is thought to support thyroid health and support sufferers of hypothyroidism in weight management.*
Coconut oil may support healthy cholesterol levels in hypothyroid patients.* Coconut oil is one if the healthiest fats around…so it's definitely worth a try!
Here are some creative ways to add it to a meal or daily routine:
- Instead of butter, try scrambling eggs in Coconut oil
- Add a tbsp. into your smoothies
- Add a spoonful into your oatmeal
- Use it to stir fry your veggies or proteins
- Spread on top of toast, pancakes or waffles
- Add as an alternative to creamer into your coffee….makes your coffee creamy.
- Mash into your sweet potatoes or melt into your rice.
- Anytime a recipe calls for vegetable oil replace with coconut oil.
- Drizzle melted Coconut oil over popcorn or veggies
- Use as a moisturizer to smooth over dry skin or cuticles.
- Massage hair with coconut oil prior to shampooing and conditioner to help make hair healthy.
- Try Coconut oil as acne prevention.
- Can be used as lip balm
- Replace the oil in your dressings with Coconut oil.
- Can be a sunburn soother.
I love Coconut oil and it has helped me in many ways! Hopefully you can find a way to add it to your daily routine and reap the benefits of what Coconut oil has to offer!
Thank you for reading,
*Statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.