- Eat organic meat - more frequently animals are either being injected with estrogenic hormones to make them grow bigger; or they are being fed with feed, which is highly estrogenic.
- Avoid soy products including soy milk.
- Avoid sugar and yeast as both make the body switch into defense mode and can cause insulin resistance along with the imbalance of estrogen. Generally people who have excessive levels of estrogen in their bodies often crave sweet and sugary foods.
- Alcohol is the most complicated and destructive when it comes to estrogen as it shuts off the body’s defense system causing an imbalance. The imbalances caused by alcohol also make it more difficult for the body to re-regulate itself, causing fat storage as opposed to fat burning.
- Avoid, sunflower, vegetable, soy and canola oils- these are high in omega 6 – switch your cooking oil to organic coconut oil which not only tastes great but is great for balancing the immune system and hormones.
- Use interval training as opposed to steady state cardio as this recruits the phosphate system (aerobic) and burns fat for fuel.
Losing fat from your hips, thighs and glute areas can be equally as tough for some women as it can be for others losing fat from their belly. It ultimately comes down to your hormonal profile and, if you have excessive levels of certain hormones in your body, it causes fat storage in specific areas. The storage of fat on your lower body is a sign of excessive levels of estrogen floating around your body. When we are under stress, the adrenal glands produce higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol which can also lead to an increase in estrogen, not only promoting fat storage around the abdomen area, but also on our lower bodies. Estrogen is promoted by a number of things which we consume daily often through food sources which we think are healthy, such as non-organic fruit and vegetable produce, soy products, meat and dairy products, tap water, and even (which we all commonly drink) plastic bottled water. Women who take contraceptive pills daily, which contain estrogen, will slow down weight loss on the lower body. Alcohol, sugar and yeast are also commonly consumed yet increase levels of estrogen in the body. These are often the things people are reluctant to eliminate from their diet. So, if you are looking to thin down your thighs, as with reducing belly fat, make sure you get your nutrition and exercise right by following the following tips: