It’s that time of year again and New Year’s Resolutions have begun. As you know the number one resolution is to lose weight. Some are successful but many fall of the wagon after only a few weeks. We start with great intentions but what keeps one person from sticking to it and shedding pounds and another succumbing to the pitfalls of dieting like overeating and ending up back in square one?
Many factors come into play but I have listed my own personal TOP 5 WEIGHT LOSS TIPS FOR 2014 that might help those that have not been successful in the past to change the outcome this year!
- GET PLENTY OF SLEEP: Sleep deprivation leads to increased levels of the hunger hormone and may lead to overeating and weight gain. Also, those that don’t get 7-8 hours of sleep also have an increased level of cortisol, which may lead to tummy fat.
- EAT PROTEIN FIRST WHEN EATING A MEAL: This may keep you from overeating during the rest of the meal as it helps you feel full and satisfied and may support healthy blood sugar levels.
- FAIL TO PLAN, PLAN TO FAIL: Start prepping and packing your own meals. This will not only keep you from eating off your meal plan but also save you money from eating out. It can be hard to avoid social situations but if you are prepared it will help keep you from snacking on less healthy foods.
- STOP THE LIQUD CALORIES: This is the easiest thing to stop and yet one of the hardest. Save hundreds of calories by exchanging water for fancy coffee drinks, soda, fruit juice and alcohol. Most people don’t drink enough water and now is a great time to start!
- HIIT (high intensity interval training): HIIT combines periods of highly intense exercise, with less intense exercise, in intervals. HIIT helps you burn fat, and gets you fitter, quicker than steady state exercise. You also burn calories for hours after you are done.
There you have it. My TOP 5 WEIGHT LOSS TIPS!
Best of luck and HAPPY TRAINING!