Christmas 2013 has come and gone. I am reminded of the real reason for the season and was blessed to celebrate with family and friends. I am also saddened that, in just this year alone, I lost four dear friends to cancer. I remember their families and pray that they will find renewed joy, peace, and hope this coming New Year.
We moved into our new home this week and finally found the time to put up a tree, complete with lights and ornaments on Christmas Eve. I realized that we only have a few more years at home with the kids and it was definitely worth the effort (although I am totally over unpacking boxes). Hot chocolate and watching home videos of years’ past made for a lot of laughs.
I did allow myself a pass when it came to meal preparation and working out this week as the move and work took precedence. Now it’s time to get back on track and move forward into 2014 with renewed vigor! I’m not a “New Year’s Resolution” kind of girl so why wait until January 1st? The plan is simple…do my best to follow these tips:
- Eat Well: Healthy, high-quality fruits, vegetables, lean protein and limit carbohydrates.
- Exercise: High-quality interval training over duration (quality vs. quantity).
- Manage Stress: Get 7-8 hours of restful sleep every night and take time to read and study.
- Make a plan: Keep a food diary and exercise log.
- Vitamins/Supplements: Since I don’t eat enough fresh, organic foods daily and live in a world with stress and environmental toxins, I take high-quality supplements to make up for the deficiency in my diet.
- Keep moving forward: Success comes in many forms, so focus on your success, not your failures.
Here’s to a healthy and Happy New Year!